Well if you made it here, that tells me that you are looking for that extra edge to get that rock solid recall that people talk about. I am here to share it can be a pretty simple process done as part of your daily routine.
First there are some rules:
- Do NOT put your dog in a sit, walk away and then call them. This creates a slow recall, and in most cases kills your dog’s stay.
- Do NOT use the word “come” to start, this is what we call a poisoned cue…meaning it is used way to much and the dogs don’t know what it really means.
- DO reward with a high value treat, would you go to work if you didn’t get a paycheck?
- If you dog does not come, you have made it too hard, make it easier and try again.
- If your dog fails 2 times in a row, again, it is too hard. Make it easier and try again.
Really the rules are pretty basic, as long as you follow them, you will progress.
So how do you get started? We do it with a simple Name...